October 15, 2019
Now’s the time to compare Medicare coverage options for 2020.
Think about the benefits matter to you and find a Medicare plan that fits. The Medicare Plan Finder tool has been upgraded for open enrollment and for the first time in years!
Why compare again for 2020? Plans change and your health care needs or situation may have changed, too. Plus, you might save money.
Some key changes for 2020
- The standard Part B premium is projected to increase to $144.30 a month.
- The Part B deductible is projected to increase to $197 for 2020.
- Part A premiums, deductible, and coinsurance are projected to be higher in 2020.
- Medigap Plans C and F will no longer be available for purchase by newly-eligible Medicare beneficiaries.
- The income brackets are high-income premium adjustments for Medicare Part B and D will be inflation-adjusted for the first time in 2020; high-income will start at $87,000 for a single person, instead of $85,000.
- The number of people enrolling in Medicare Advantage enrollment is expected to continue to increase.
- Part D donut hole will no longer exist after the end of 2019, but a standard plan’s maximum deductible will increase to $435, and the threshold for entering the catastrophic coverage phase (where out-of-pocket spending decreases significantly) will increase to $6,350.
Now that you know what changes to expect, give us a call so that we can help you review your Medicare options.